We collect information from you to enable us to provide our services to you as a customer or stakeholder of the company. All personal information you provide us with will be recorded, used and protected by us in line with relevant data protection legislation and GDPR.
In general we will use your information for the following purposes:
• To administer and provide services you request or have expressed an interest in
• For internal record keeping and progress tracking against the services we provide
• We will share this information with Welsh Government and other public bodies, to carry out the funding, planning, monitoring and inspection of learning, and to produce statistical publications.
• With awarding organisations in order to administer the delivery of learning programmes
• To communicate with you about the services you request or express an interest in
• To personalise and/tailor any communications that we may send you.
• To gather feedback on our services
• For profiling purposes to assist with statistical research
Welsh Government and Lead Providers will also use your information in the following ways;
• By select third parties, including social research organisations, to carry out research, analysis or equal opportunities monitoring relating to education and training.
• By the Lead Providers, Welsh Government and third parties acting on its behalf, to assist in linking your records to other data sources for the purpose of statistical research.
• The Welsh Government may share your name, date of birth, address and postcode with electoral registration officers taking part in data matching pilot schemes to improve the accuracy of electoral registers.
• Your contact details may be passed on to contractors acting on behalf of the Welsh Government (including the Wales European Funding Office), to undertake interviews or surveys of current and former learners, as part of formal evaluations of Welsh Government-funded programmes. Contractors will contact a sample of individuals. You may be contacted and asked to take part in an evaluation of your personal experience of a learning activity. If you are contacted, the purpose of the interview or survey will be explained to you and you will be given the option to say yes or no to taking part. Contractors will use your details only for the purpose of carrying out the evaluation and in accordance with the Data Protection Act and GDPR. Your details will then be deleted once the evaluation contract is complete.
We may also share your information for legal reasons if we believe in good faith that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is necessary to:
• Meet requests from government bodies, law enforcement agencies in relation to any investigation to aide with the detection, prevention of any unlawful activity.
• Detect or prevent fraud, security or technical issues.
• Assist other third parties in legal proceedings